|Statement on CNS Practice and Education (Print)
Statement on Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice and Education: Third Edition (Print copy)
Note: Now Available!
The included content represents the third edition of the Statement on Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice and Education (2019). The intent of this revision is to again combine into a single document, all components of the original Statement on Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice and Education.
This document is the result of diligent expert authorship, review, and input from NACNS members, professional associations, and other entities that represent, educate, and/or employ the CNS. The Task Force for the Revision of the Statement on Clinical Nurse Specialist Practice and Education was appointed at the end of 2015. The Task Force members determined that with 20 years of experience since the 1998 original statement in relation to education and employment
of CNSs, it was important to revisit the original Clinical Nurse Specialist Statement and the 2004 Statement revision to update key sections.
Readers will note:
- An updated conceptual model of the CNS;
- A change in terminology from spheres of influence, to spheres of impact;
- A refined approach to the presentation of the CNS competencies that consolidates and refines the competencies under the three spheres of impact;
- An enhanced discussion of the social mandate of the CNS;
- A discussion of the Consensus Model for APRN Licensure, Accreditation, Certification, and Education, and
- An expanded reference list
Save 40% by becoming an NACNS member today!
Regular price: 50.00
Discounted member price: 30.00
Member discount: 40%