INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST - SURGICAL SERVICES
Natividad is currently seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist to provide expert nursing care in the Surgical Services Division. Responsibilities include clinical practice, education, consultation, performance improvement and research. The incumbent will be assigned to work in the following units: Operating Room (OR), Out-Patient Surgical Services (OPSS), and the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU).
Minimum qualifications include possession of a valid Registered Nurse license issued by the BRN of the State of California (or ability to obtain a CA license prior to employment); certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist issued by the BRN of the State of California (or ability to obtain a CA certification prior to employment); a Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program in clinical specialization; demonstrated clinical competence and in-depth knowledge in a specialty area with at least the equivalent of two years of clinical experience in the area of specialization. Possession of an American Nurses' Association Specialty Certification and the equivalent of four years of clinical experience in the area of specialization preferred.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at http://www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) to join the well- established and dynamic Women’s & Children’s Services team. This CNS integrates the roles of practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher and coordinator of the perinatal, neonatal and pediatric care for high risk and rising risk patients throughout the organization.
Enjoy your career at an award-winning, hospital in a locale that will have you wondering why you ever chose to live anywhere else.
Come join the EvergreenHealth team, where we consistently earn top honors for patient care and continually look for new and innovative ways to improve.
Be part of a team where you can make a difference, all while enjoying the quality of life that the Seattle area provides.
There are five major components of the CNS role. Activities within these role components may include the following:
1. Expert Clinical Practice:
• Works with staff to improve clinical care.
• Uses advanced theoretical and empirical knowledge of physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and health assessment.
• Assesses and intervenes in complex health care problems within a selected clinical specialty area and selects, uses, and/or evaluates technology, products, and devices appropriate to the specialty area of practice.
• Coordinates clinical care planning for populations of clients with disease states and non-disease based etiologies to improve and to promote health care outcomes.
• Assists with and promotes staff development.
• Provides education classes.
• Mentors and coaches staff/cross-functional team
• Uses clinical inquiry and research to advanced specialty area of practice.
• Uses a performance improvement model as an avenue to improve advanced clinical practice and care.
• Stays abreast of current literature in the specialty area of practice.
• Initiates research into topics that directly impact nursing care and uses measurement and evaluation methodologies to assess outcomes.
• Publishes data from research topics related to the specialty area of practice.
• Performs consultative functions in multiple health care settings.
• Provides clinical expertise and makes recommendations to physicians, other health care providers, insurance companies, patients, and health care organizations.
• Reviews standards of practice to determine appropriateness and to reflect current nursing clinical practice.
• Evaluates policy and procedures for clinical practice in a specialty area.
• Uses evidence-based clinical practice to develop methods to improve patient care and patient care outcomes.
5. Clinical Leadership
• Uses theory/research as a foundation for clinical leadership and CNS research based practice.
• Demonstrates mastery in theories including Change Theory, Persuasion, Influence, and Negotiation Theory, Systems Theory, Consultation Theory, Research Theory, and Research Utilization.
• Participates in the professional development of self, others, and the nursing profession.
• Belongs to and participates in professional organizations.
• Serves as a change agent in health care settings by developing health care standards, assisting in the implementation of standards, facilitating goal setting and achievement, and evaluating outcomes.
• Serves in a leadership role in the community.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Masters of Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
• ARNP at hire or within three years of hire.
• Neonatal Resuscitation course (NRP) certification
• Ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and thoroughly document patient care
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Demonstrated knowledge of new trends and techniques in nursing
DESIRED for the position:
• A minimum of 5 -7 years of perinatal or neonatal experience
• AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Course – Intermediate and advanced
• For more information about EvergreenHealth please visit the website
To apply for the Clinical Nurse Specialist- Women’s & Children’s Services https://jobs.evergreenhealth.com/job/kirkland/clinical-nurse-specialist-women-s-services/437/12395592